5/10/2012 Back in the saddle.

Today I started to repair the driver's side dog leg, so that the car can be painted soon. I had tried to repair it because the rust was very minor, just a couple of bubbles and pin holes. When I cut out the small pieces and welded it up, the whole panel distorted. Rather than try to repair it, I decided to buy a repair panel. Lucky I did, when I cut off the panel, behind it was all rusted away. I cut out all of the rust, and started to fabricate the innermost repair panel from a heavy gage sheet metal I had. I fabricated the middle as well but took a break before final trimming and welding it in. I'll update when I finish welding the panels and start the finish work.

Prior Day
Next Day

Copyright 2012 All rights reserved.