7/22/11 Prepping for Transmission Install

Yesterday, I took the crossmember and parts which had been previously degreased, cleaned them up with acetone, then primed and painted them. It's the same brand of exterior paint as I used on the engine, only black. They came pretty good. Today I installed the rubber grommets in the center piece. Since I still had some paint left over, I painted the front suspension crossmember which had also been degreased with degreaser and acetone.

Luckily the transmission vent arrived today. I was able to removed the cracked off part of the old one which was stuck in the transmission. Then I threaded this new one in. Tomorrow transmission should go in real quick (famous last words) and then body work will continue after everything is wrapped very well in plastic.

Prior Day
Next Day

Copyright 2011 All rights reserved.