6/4/2010 Rebuilding the Kingpins

The kingpins have a arrived and I was able to grab a few free hours to get started on getting this front end done. First order of business was to remove a broken bolt holding the two sides of the shock arm together. The bolt was so frozen in place that the nut and head BOTH broke off. After drilling so long that my drill was too hot to hold, I took a break from that to cut the nut off of the upper trunnion of the drivers side king pin.

After cutting the nut in half and splitting it, I was able to remove the nut. The upper trunnion was so frozen on that no matter what I tried, including heat, hammers and breaker bars for twisting action the trunnion wouldn't budge. I sprayed it with penetrant, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to break it loose and move forward.

Prior Day
Next Day

Copyright 2010 All rights reserved.